Thursday, May 10

I also won't have to share with other moms

I doubt I'll have much of a chance to blog this weekend, as I'm heading out to California for a couple days. In fact, I'll bet on me not blogging at all.
Sunday is, of course, Mother's Day. I'll miss a majority of the day with Sydney and Brian, but I'll be spending the day with my own mom, so that'll be pretty awesome. Apparently, in a twist that I hadn't even thought of but Mom realized, this will be the first Mother's Day I'm spending with my mom in 11 years. So that's cool. And because of that, the entire day will be all about my mom. We've played around with a couple ideas for food and activities, but our options are open and I figure we'll spend some time  considering all of them.
But my Mother's Day, as I announced to Brian tonight, will be next Sunday. It can't be Saturday because he's working that day, but on Sunday, the day will be mine, and the family will bend to my whims and wants. First order of the day, Deadpool 2. (So the first thing I do that day will be something without my child, but I think she'll be tired that morning anyway and will be fine hanging out at home.) Then lunch, of course, because that's my favorite meal. And then I don't know. I'll have to think about it some. I am drunk with Mother's Day power, and the world is my maternal oyster!

No comments: