Wednesday, June 10

This week's obsession entertains well

Bizarre new addiction: Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee, with Jerry Seinfeld. In this web series, Seinfeld borrows a cool car, picks up a fellow comedian, and they go have coffee somewhere. The series has been around for a few years, but I only just discovered it a week or so ago, and I've been slowly powering through segments including people I know and enjoy. Each show is 15 to 18 minutes or so, and are quite entertaining.
While I enjoyed Seinfeld as a pop-culture phenomenon, I was never a huge fan of the show. I've seen them all probably, but it was never appointment, obsessive television for me. Which makes my love of this random little invention of Seinfeld's feel kinda like I've missed the boat entirely on him.
But there's something to be said for listening in while people who enjoy each other's company and conversation spend the day and drink coffee together. What I like the most is how genuine and honest they are with each other: Rocky Gervais is a nervous car passenger. Michael Richards addressed the nightclub fiasco from years ago. Steve Harvey rolling his eyes about having to apologize for a joke. Sarah Silverman checking how much Seinfeld tipped on the lunch. Julia Louis-Dreyfus being awesome.
This show is all golden, and I'm loving it. I'm deep into season two right now, and excited that I have another three full seasons to get through. Check it out; I recommend.

No comments: