Monday, June 23

Missing Miss Daisy

Today is my sweet Daisy's birthday. She would have been six.
I miss her terribly.
Brian and I traded pictures of her via phone/text this morning to make each other smile, and he contends that it is Daisy herself that is goading Cooper into eating Sydney's flip flops. I wondered, would that be because she wants Cooper to get in trouble, or is it because she wants to keep plaguing us in some way? She certainly was a pain in the rear, but more than that, she was my angel and princess. She was a funny little monster, too.
If there is a dog heaven, and if I'm allowed to go there and stay with all my kids, I think she'll be the first that I hug. She's going to haunt me forever, you guys, and she'll always be a presence in my heart.
She is a terrible loss, from which I'll never recover. Miss Daisy. My princess. Happy birthday, my angel.

No comments: