Sunday, March 2

Selfies are awesome, even at the Oscars

I do, so very much, enjoy the Oscars telecast. I like to sit in front of my television for hours, watching the pre-show and the actual ceremony, comfortable and happy on my sofa. For three years now, Brian and I have had a ballot competition with JJ and Anthony. We won the first year, and got trounced last year.
I'm happy to say that we won again this year. Brian guessed correct on 18 categories; I got 17. Somehow, he manages to guess correctly on the random documentaries and short films. A bizarre extra-sensory thing going on there.
Anyway, I'm quite pleased with the show's results, and am looking forward to my Netflix queue blowing up with the winners and losers from tonight's ceremony. Also, a lot of things made me laugh, and even a couple things made me almost cry. One of the laughs came, of course, via the selfie that broke Twitter, and became the most retweeted photo ever. One of my teary moments was Angelina Jolie's acceptance speech from the humanitarian awards.
The whole thing was pretty awesome, you guys. I love hanging out with my husband, who even made a snide comment about someone's hair, and talking about everything. And the flurry of texts, Facebook posts and comments, and tweets keep me engaged and happy with all my friends, too. A good night, all the way around.

No comments: