Thursday, March 20

Frosting makes for good glue sometimes

It kinda freaks me out when things start going along well, or as if they will eventually work out. At this very moment, I have minimal bumps in my road, and it scares me a little. I had a ridiculously productive week. Shit got done; got scheduled; got taken care of; and got handled. I feel like quite the Wonder Woman.
My balancing act is a bit more stable than it has been in a while. And for the fun of it, I'm gonna give you all the highlights.
TEXAS: We are finally washing the last of Texas off us. I've got the auto insurance transferring to an Arizona policy holder; Saturday we're getting our cars emission tested; and next Wednesday, we've made plans to get the cars registered. No more Texas plates! And then, Kimmie gets a new windshield!!
HEALTH AND WELL BEING: My mammogram results were good. Brian's blood work from his physical came back showing that everything is functioning properly. I've got my own physical scheduled, as well as an appointment with a dermatologist.
HOUSEHOLD: All the St. Patrick's decor is down, and ready to be put in the bin tomorrow morning. Landlord Aaron came by today and may have solved the large puddle problem we've been having in the backyard. My roses are blooming.
FINANCES: I filed our 2013 taxes this morning, via Turbo Tax. I feel very proud of myself for doing this, not least of all because we are getting a refund, which I did NOT expect. I swore that Texas would fuck us over again this year, but it seems to not have happened. And it really was pretty easy, too. Another perk. Because I didn't go mental doing it all.
MIND AND BODY: I did, actually, start and finish a book, too. Beautiful Ruins was good, though not as active as I was hoping. I don't know what I expected, but it didn't really float my boat. Also, I got two hikes in this week. And I shaved my legs this morning.
You see? A magical week!!

No comments: