Saturday, September 10

Pick a Dilly's sandwich

Dilly's Deli has officially become our day-after-an-ASU-game lunch spot. I'll tell you why, but only Facebook fans of the local sandwich shop chain know about it. For every point that ASU scores in their football games this season, Dilly's gives that percentage off your meal the next day.
Last week, ASU scored 68 points. The following day, lunch was 68 percent off, after saying "Fork 'em," to the cashier. Last night, ASU scored 37 points. Today, we got 37 percent off our lunch for saying "ASU blackout."
Last week, I had my usual, a BLT on wheat with no cheese. This week, I tried something different, the Blazing Buffalo, which is seasoned chicken breast, pepper jack cheese, tomato and lettuce, with ranch and wing sauce. I passed on the cheese and the wing sauce, and the sandwich was close to perfect. (I don't know what would have made it better, but still, it wasn't perfect. That's okay!! It was really good!!)
I'm pretty excited for what is in store for the next few weeks. I vow to try a different sandwich each week. That is so against my "modus operandi," which is exactly why I'm doing it. I have no idea why I pick some of the things I do to switch up to make my life more interesting, but going rogue in the sandwich shop is among my more brilliant ideas.

No comments: