Wednesday, September 2

Write her name next to Beyonce's

It's weird how, when something is bugging you, you really kinda don't notice how much this something is bugging you, until you see this something one day, and think, "My god, that is BUGGING me."
The other day, or a couple weeks ago (you choose), I noticed how very much Katherine Heigl, the actress, bugs me. I used to really like her. So many people probably don't remember, but she played the character "Isabel," on one of my favorite shows ever, Roswell. Ever since then, I've been a casual fan, enjoying bits and pieces of her work here and there. When I learned she was to be on Grey's Anatomy, I mentally congratulated her, as it had been some time since I had seen her in anything commercially viable. And then, there was the fantastic 27 Dresses.
Tonight though, I sit here with her photo on my desktop, and an article about her in another window in my browser, and she is the topic of a post in which I state that now, she's bugging me. How did this happen?
Well, I mean, doesn't anyone else think that she's been a bit ... whiny ... lately? Not enough money, not good enough story lines, not fabulous enough characters, not smart enough projects. Sure, a mention here and there in regards to her issues with her job is fine and understandable, but really, her complaints have gotten a lot more tired, frequent, and irritating. The latest article talks about a hiatus she's taking from Grey's, which is, well, whatever, I don't care.
The point, is that even before I read the article, which was about nothing (as so much tabloid entertainment journalism is), I was bugged by what I knee-jerk suspected would be a complaint-filled, whiny interview from the star. That it wasn't is refreshing. And that is what bugs me about her lately. For her to NOT complain is refreshing!! How is that right?

p.s. I can not though, stay away from her movies. I'm forever watching parts of 27 Dresses. I can do without Knocked Up though. But I MUST see that one with her and Gerard Butler as soon as it's on DVD.

No comments: