Thursday, January 29

10 opinions, no more, no less

I'm just going to throw some opinions out there, like you know I love to do:
1.) I agree with all the fashionistas who think that Angelina Jolie isn't dressing fancy enough this awards season. Boring gold, boring blue, boring angles, and boring dresses. Angelina, please, please, please wear something to the Oscars that will awe and amaze me!
2.) Rock on to the Illinois State Senate for throwing Rod Blagojavich out of office. Finally! Someone being held accountable for their actions instead of being given tons of money to help fix their mistakes. The guy was an egotistical, greedy dude who totally deserved to get fired ... allegedly!
3.) Yay President Obama for calling Wall Street and their frickin' irresponsibility was it is: shameful. It's about time someone besides Jon Stewart said it. Who do these guys think they are to be giving out million-dollar bonuses and then begging for help from the government? They should make them all pay the money back.
4.) There's a survey out there showing that at least half of Americans wish they lived somewhere else. I'm one of them, and it sucks being lumped into a survey like that!
5.) I'm somewhat ambivalent to the post office maybe cutting back service to five days a week. I think the idea was to not deliver on Wednesday, or something? I'm down with that, but I also can appreciate how most people would be up in arms about it.
6.) Jessica Simpson looks fine, and it's nobody's business but hers about the size of her butt, hips and stomach. All the power to her for however she looks, and f*ck the news outlets and tabloids making a big deal out of it.
7.) Speaking of Jon Stewart, I'm now obsessed with a stimulus plan that he popped off during one of his shows this week. Idea: Give the money to the people, to pay off their debts only. Banks would get the money, people would get out of debt (and therefore spend more), and everyone would be happy. I think it's brilliant. And would save me so much in interest!
8.) This may be the first Super Bowl halftime show that I purposefully ignore. I go on record right now: I do not like Bruce Springsteen the singer. I think he yells a lot, and has a scratchy throat all the time.
9.) The Grammys though, did manage to attract my attention by announcing that U2 will be performing on the telecast. They'll probably sing their new song (something about boots), and I'm eager to see the band perform it!
10.) I'm totally at sea with this whole peanut recall. The guy in Georgia, who's in charge of the department in charge of checking for dirty stuff in food processing plants, said that he was satisfied with the work his department had done over the last few years when checking out the suspected peanut plant. Really? Really? Are you satisfied? Will you eat some peanuts from that place and then answer that question again?

No comments: