Friday, October 3

Daisy's day

I feel bad. Daisy had a rough day today. Since she was going to be anesthetized anyway, I had a laundry list of issues to be fixed on the dog. First and foremost though was the hernia repair and the cherry eye replacement. Of course, we had her spayed, too. With that, we had her dew claws removed. I mean, really, why not have everything taken care of at once?
While it was, yes, convenient, it certainly makes for a more sensitive and agitated puppy tonight. She's got two kinds of pain pills, one antibiotic, bandages to be changed, and one of those ridiculous collars to keep her from licking or chewing on any of her sutures. (She's only wearing the collar when we leave or while sleeping; any other time, she's able to move freely.) She's a bit lethargic, which is to be expected, and every once in a while, squeals and yelps when she gets up to move. I know, without a doubt, that I will probably end up sleeping on the floor with her tonight.
And so it's happened: the pup has officially wrangled her way into my heart. I've got such a soft spot for the little puffs when I have to take them to the vet, and especially when I have to leave them there. I remember the night after Oliver was neutered, and he and I spent the entire night of the sofa. I wouldn't even disturb him to answer the phone. Unfortunately, because of the circus that is my home, Daisy doesn't get the same consideration, but don't worry about her. She still has yet to walk from one room to the other, as I am compelled to carry her everywhere.

1 comment:

-T. said...

Awww! That is totally heart breaking. You are such a sweetie!