Sunday, March 23

I'm bummed we missed the egg hunt

I really can't remember the last time that I felt like a true, absolute idiot. I really can't remember it. That is, of course, until today. What happened today? Oh! Well, the Easter event that I thought was today, actually took place yesterday! Excellent, and quite stupid of me, yes? I couldn't believe it, as we drove up to the Nicole's family home, and there were no cars in the driveway or on the street. So I had Brian wait in the car with Sydney while I went and knocked on the door. Well, imagine Diane's, Kevin's and Nic's surprise when they opened the door to find me, looking quite confused! "The party was yesterday!" Diane tells me when I appear even more quizzical.
Huh. Oh. Well. Here we are! Anyway, it ended up being a fantastic visit, which is awesome. I actually got to sit with Nicci, her family got to play with Sydney and see what a rock star she is, they have an entire tray of brownies to eat on their drive back up to Colorado, and really, all turned out even better than if we actually were there yesterday. But still, I feel so stupid.

I am proud to tell you that today marks the second movie trifecta weekend in as many weeks! I love the movie trifecta weekends! I feel so freakishly accomplished, and happily movied out once Sunday night arrives and I've seen three movies in three nights! This weekend: Eastern Promises, Atonement, and Meet the Robinsons. Yay!

No comments: