Tuesday, August 14

"You miserable vomitous mass"

So many random things for today:
~ Sydney and I were driving around yesterday and saw a green truck. It was actually more like one of those food trucks that visits work sites. And it was green. And it had a big hot dog on top of it. It was called "The Green Monster," and according to the information on the side, it sold Fenway Franks to special groups who rented the truck. There were Red Sox logos, and a Patriots logos (equal opportunity), all over it. Also, on its side was a version of the actual Green Monster, scoreboard and all! The green color itself was remarkably close to the green used in the ballpark, too. Just a cool idea, I thought.
~ My kid flipped my lunch plate over onto the table, my lap, and into our bag this afternoon. Not cool. I had finished my meal, which was why she was allowed to exit the stroller and get on my lap anyway, but I was not fast enough moving the actual plate out of her reach. Of course,
this also is the only time I remembered to ask for extra sour cream instead of the guacamole. Sour cream everywhere, my friends, everywhere.
~ I removed the tire cover from the back of my car. It's simply not as cool that it says "Scottsdale" on it, now that we are again living in Scottsdale. Anyway, in removing it, I made a discovery. Who knows how old some of those fall foliage leaves are, but they're still back there! And indications within the cover show that several years worth of leaves actually decayed in the space. I did manage to get about four decent-looking specimens, even though they were well beyond retaining any of their color when they fell. I'm on the hunt for a shadowbox frame in which to put them. Look at me! It's been almost two years since I've been in a New England fall, and I'm finally doing something creative with the leaves!
~ I've completely flaked on my resolution of keeping up with everyone's birthdays and sending cards this year. I've missed so many that I'm embarrassed. It's not that I don't have the cards either -- I do. It's just that I don't even think about them until it's too late. Mom told me to write them out for the month prior to them, like all August birthdays that first weekend of August -- and that was a great suggestion. So, why haven't I done it?
~ To my greatest delight, HBO has begun showing The Princess Bride! It's so odd how they cycle through films on those channels. I wonder who decides when a movie should go, and when it should return. How do I get that job?

No comments: