Monday, November 27

The halls are decked

I decorated my house for Christmas yesterday. I know, I know. It's barely out of Thanksgiving, and I've already got the garland, Santas and dancing snowmen throughout my home. I remember posting last year that I don't do Christmas decorations until the first weekend of December. I like it to be officially "Christmas-y" before diving into the whole holiday. But here's my thinking on shifting the way I do things this year: Mom and Howie will be out here with their friends this weekend, and I wanted my house to be done already; and with Sydney, well, I figured it would be easier to do the decorations with Brian home and he could watch her while I worked. There's no room for a tree this year, which really is okay since we're spending the holiday with Mom anyway; I was extremely picky about the decorations that I put out, simply because I feel like I have less room for all my stuff; and happily, it's "beginning to look a lot like Christmas" out here.
What else I need to get started on this week is my Christmas list for people, and getting a picture of my kids for the Christmas card (which would be so much easier if Sydney could hold her head up and smile). That adventure should make for a fun afternoon!!

No comments: