Saturday, September 23

Gotta get the DVR again

It is, if you can believe it, finally cooling down here. We're able to open up the windows at night and in the morning (until about 10), and there was a decent cooling breeze when I took Oliver out for his walk last night.
I read in this week's Entertainment Weekly about Martin Scorsese's new movie coming out, The Departed. I won't lie to you, one of the main reasons why B and I are interested in checking out this film is because it was shot entirely on location in Boston. We're looking forward to seeing the sights we know, and getting all melancholy about the crazy streets, lack of parking and thick accents. (All things that, when we were there, drove us nuts ... except the accents. Loved them.) Anyway, the movie stars Jack Nicholson, Matt Damon and Leonardo DiCaprio, as a mob boss and two double-crossing informants, respectively. I really just kinda dig the ad on TV, too, where we see the Prudential Center on the gun. I used to live really close to that building. That's just neat.
Also, if you can believe it, the Sandra Bullock/Keanu Reeves movie, The Lake House, comes out on DVD next Tuesday. It's going to the top of my Netflix list, that's for sure, since I never saw it in the theater.
Also out on DVD soon, Oct. 3, actually, is one of my most favorite Disney movies, The Little Mermaid. I find myself wishing the weeks away so I can buy it and make Brian sit through it while I recite dialogue and sing along with Ariel and Sebastian. Every time I see the commercial for it, I get a little bit happier inside!
What else? Oh, yes, television. The Office was hysterical, and Jericho was about what I expected: fair acting, decent premise, but probably won't last the season before CBS yanks it. Next week though, Brian and I look forward to Heroes and one of my faves, Gilmore Girls, which returns on Tuesday night. With all this other TV, I'm kinda glad that Lost doesn't start for another 10 days. I don't think I could handle another hour of good stuff spilling forth from my Samsung so soon... (which is why, yes, I'm ordering the DVR box this week.)

No comments: