Monday, December 5

Sick jumps

I tried snowboarding once, a few years ago, and discovered that, as a life-long skier, I just couldn't get it. The edge is different, and the body movement is different, and I just had a hard time grasping it. Brian's always been quite good at it, and of that, I'm jealous.
So yesterday, in my continuing bid for wife of the year, I accompanied my snowboarder to the movies to watch First Descent, a documentary following five snowboarders free riding in the Alaskan mountains, and the history and evolution of snowboarding in general. I was the only girl in the theater, and there were about 12 other guys there, including two guys about our age; a group of three or four teenagers; and two younger boys who had dragged along their dad.
The movie itself was better than I had thought it would be (though I was painfully aware of the two-hour length), and the mountains they glided through were beautiful. You really can't go wrong, when it comes to scenery, with a topic like snowboarding in Alaska.
What the movie did do was re-acquaint me with my own failure to learn this sport. I'm thinking that another lesson could do me well, as I'd love to be able to rip up the mountains the way these riders do. And what would be cuter than Brian and I boarding down a mountain with our own little riders following? That actually, is one of the reasons why I'd like to try it again.
This picture is one from the movie, of one of the boarders performing a sick jump.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Forget the unicycle!!!!

SNOWBOARDING!

Yah that is it!

P