Tuesday, May 29

I may have finished the succulent garden, though

I've become quite attached to growing things in pots lately. I think of something cool to grow, I buy it and put it in a pot. Sometimes I am successful. Sometimes, I am not. I've learned that growing berries in the desert requires way more than I am capable of giving. Beyond the berries, I've really been amazingly good at what I've chosen to garden.
A couple weeks ago, I saw a cool, hanging succulent in the planter outside my AJs. I plucked a sprig of it, and it's rooted and grown nicely in a pot by my garden window. I've wanted more from the plant though, so I decided I needed a couple more sprigs to root and grow, to turn the little succulent into a sizable succulent for outdoors, perhaps. I managed to break off a couple pieces of the same succulent this afternoon.
Mom and I figure it'll be better for the new little guys if they're planted in a small pot, as well, and babied and nurtured in the garden window, too, to ensure that they'll have a safe and happy childhood. I actually do have a empty pot for them both, and I'm looking forward to planting them in the morning.
And I also repotted one of my artichoke plants this weekend, and it seems to be super pleased with its new pot and placement in the yard so far. My cousin Rosemary posted a picture of her 3-year-old artichoke plant which was finally bearing artichokes for her, so I was motivated to treat my plant to a better living environment. I have a second artichoke plant that I need to repot, as well. Maybe I'll do that tomorrow afternoon.
I have quite a garden growing in my backyard and on my patio, and I'm very much in love with it. What's next?

No comments: