Thursday, August 14

The final chapter, and I've already got it

I've discovered a book-lover's nirvana, and it is: the complete and published book series. I've been telling you lately about the The Mortal Instruments series. I'm thoroughly enjoying these books, and have burned through them at a lovely pace.
The best part about this is that the final book in the series was just published a couple months ago. And this is remarkable because I don't have to wait for the next story. I'll repeat that: I. Don't. Have. To. Wait. I find out immediately what happens next! This is amazing!
For someone who suffered with waiting throughout the Harry Potter years, the reality of not having to wait a year or even two to get the next volume is fabulous. It's so liberating.
The final Mortal Instruments book was just published in hardcover form, which means that, since I have the first five of them in paperback, I will read it on the Nook and buy it in paperback when it's available in that format. And my Nook is sitting over there on my nightstand calling me. It's all, "Kimmie!! Kiiimmmmmiiieee .... come read me!!"
You know I have no will power. I'm totally digging in tonight, especially since it's only 9:10 p.m. and there's nothing decent on TV right now.

No comments: