Thursday, June 12

Fine, here's my money, Mr. IRS

ITEM!: It's taken probably too many months for me to figure this out, but there actually is a way to make payments to the IRS online. It's not terribly convenient for an online payment option, in that they don't save banking information or anything after the payment is made, so a person needs to re-enter all the information every month. But really, the IRS is probably crazy attacked all the time, so it's better off not having all that information on their servers. Anyway, the not entirely convenient, but more convenient than writing an actual check, option is one that I will make use of every month from now on. Having decided that, it is a fact that I now write one paper check per month. And that's awesome. I dig electronic banking so very much.
ITEM!: Hanging out with Katy is one of my favorite things ever, and I'm excited to say that I was able to do that today. She had the day off, and wanted to go with me to pick up the kiddo at camp and surprise her. It really worked out perfectly, and we had a lovely day just catching up on everything and everyone, and eating dessert after lunch. She's one of my favorite people.
ITEM!: My social media evening hiatuses are working out incredibly well. I was telling Katy about them this afternoon, and Sydney even commented on it, which is special as well as scary to me because she's noticed. And she was happy about it, which is the point behind the whole thing, right? It's not too often I can implement a new behavior and have it work out positively for everyone involved.
ITEM!: Remarkably, I've hit upon a Midnight Snack that is even better than apple juice, and more obscure. It is ... wait for it ... half a large dill pickle. I discovered the jar of them in the fridge last night, and decided that a pickle sounded like a yummy Midnight Snack. I was right, because it was delicious. I'm going to have one tonight, too. Go on, judge me, but at least it's a vegetable of some kind.
ITEM!: When I'm done here, I'm going to watch movie trailers on my phone, because that's my jam.

No comments: