Tuesday, April 15

Another one bites the dust

You know how excited I get about finally achieving one of my New Year's EXPECTATIONs. And I am beside myself with the plan for tomorrow. Scheduled for the afternoon is, if you can even believe it, a windshield replacement. I finally called the insurance company on Monday. The glass company was super accommodating, and I'm going to have clean, fresh glass to look through tomorrow afternoon.
So, let's do a tally of the EXPECTATIONs met for 2014. I'll note those that have not been achieved herewith: #1 - Windshield (pending); #2 - Lose some pounds (also, sadly, pending); #3 - Books, of which I am plowing through this week for some reason (ongoing); #4 - Writing, which I'm not doing at all (failing); #5 - Credit card payoff (ongoing); #6 - Cleaning out the house, which I'm happy to say, is almost totally done (CHECK-ish); #7 - Quit the job (CHECK); #8 - Christmas tree on the curb on New Years (CHECK); #9 - Regular hiking with my kid (CHECK); #10 - Outdoor patio furniture (CHECK). From now on, I will remove #8 from my tally. It doesn't make any sense to have in this category.
As of tomorrow night, I'll be in the majority of EXPECTATIONs met, meaning more will have been achieved than have not. That's pretty exciting to me.

No comments: