Thursday, March 6

Way to ruin ambrosia, random blog writer

I read a thing online yesterday about the fast-food and random establishment stuff that you should never eat. One of those things is popcorn at the first movie showing of the day. The person who said this implied ... no, said ... that the popcorn at the beginning of the movie day is still last night's popcorn that they refused to toss out.
The contemplation of this is troubling. I love going to the first movie showing of the day. And I love popcorn. Is this really something that I have to worry about? I like to think that my Harkins theaters wouldn't dream of doing this. That they would be horrified to hear that anyone from the theater profession would be out and about on the Internet spreading this kind of story.
Granted, several of the horror stories in this article were spawned from eating places in other countries, such as Australia. And I choose to believe that the United States has stricter cleanliness laws. But still, the thought is there, and now I can't make it go away. I feel very Inception.
SOLUTION: There should be some kind of oversight committee dedicated to ensuring that movie theater popcorn is fresh from that day. I would be on it, you know, because then my "work" would require visiting movie theaters, and eating their popcorn. Popcorn that I have just myself seen being popped, so I know it's the freshest it can be.
I am concerned about this much more than a person should be.

No comments: