Friday, February 1

They're yummy for Valentines

I love cupcakes, but let me tell you something. My favorite cupcakes are the ones you can buy at a grocery store, with their tons of sugary frosting and their small price tag. I appreciate that there is a huge market out there for cupcakes, and that the costs of them must reflect that. But Kroger's are super yummy. As are Albertson's.
I've tried all the cupcake shops. There are several in and around Phoenix, and we've ventured into a few here, as well. But the frosting is either not too wonderful, or there is too much frosting, or the cake isn't that great, or they just don't have that awesomeness that I look for. Having said that, I do enjoy a pricey, artsy cupcake here or there.
Among my favorite, non-grocery store cupcakes is the raspberry chocolate chip cupcake at Sprinkles. It is only available in February, and it is well worth the wait for the other 11 months. A delicious chocolate, chocolate chip cake that's perfectly moist and not too sweet, with a fantastic raspberry frosting, that adds the right amount of fruity tartness and complementary flavor. I tell you, it's the best. Today, Brian and I ventured down to the Houston-area Sprinkles, and I made my first purchase of some of these cupcakes. We bought a box of six treats: three for me, two chocolate marshmallow for Brian, and one chocolate with chocolate frosting for Sydney.
I can't promise that I won't go buy more when these are gone. They're so good.

No comments: