Wednesday, February 13

I love being a Valentine!

I'm afraid that my tirade the other night about the unacceptable gifts for Valentine's Day may have come off a bit ... anti-Valentine's. That's not the case. In fact, I quite enjoy Valentine's Day for the pure love of it all. Sure, it's a made-up holiday. Of course, card companies and florists make a killing. But if everyone takes a day to celebrate their love for someone (or someones) else, there are worse things. With all the hate and violence in the world, it's nice to have a reminder, even if it is kinda forced, to recognize the love we have for each other.
You'll notice I didn't say a thing about cards the other night. Because I think Valentines are awesome. And I love getting them. I've got a nice pile of them on my dining room table right now: one from Mommy, one from Sydney, and one from Brian. Sydney's pile is a larger one, and she also gets a present. (You all know me, any excuse to buy that child a gift is a good one!) I believe that I may get a couple more Sprinkles cupcakes tomorrow afternoon, too. And I think we're going to have dinner at the Italian place down the street.
Sydney and I also have confirmed mine, hers, and everyone else's Valentine status in the house, so everybody is ready for tomorrow. Love, hearts, hugs and kisses are good things.

No comments: