Tuesday, February 12

Did you hear that? Sinbad beckons!

ITEM!: Sinbad the Sailor is in my mailbox right now! I just tracked the shipment, and according to the UPS tracker, it was delivered today. This is beyond exciting for me, you guys. Guess what I'll be watching tomorrow! Yay me!! And yay Douglas Fairbanks, Jr. and his fantastic way of jumping around in this film! This is going to be so great!
ITEM!: I think my new pet peeve is husbands and wives communicating with each other on Facebook more than a minimal amount. Y'all got married for a reason, and it wasn't so you'd have better communication with each other via social media. Comment on each other's status, as you will, but a constant stream of patter via timeline and postings is obnoxious. Just look at each other and speak thus. ... You see? That's better.
ITEM!: I didn't watch the State of the Union speech tonight. I prefer to read the text the following day, when I can read the words, hear the voice in my head, and not see the condescending and asshole-ish looks from dudes like Boehner, Bachmann and McCain. Having said that and making myself sound pretentious, I probably won't end up reading the speech tomorrow. Twitter is my news source.
ITEM!: My mother disagrees with me in regards to chocolate diamonds. (See previous post, where I declare war on shiny dirt clods.) She assures me that the good quality ones are pretty. Whatever, I say, they've no place in a jeweler's case. It's only a matter of time though, before she changes her mind and comes over to my way of thinking, like with smaller handbags, silver accessories, and cross-country drives.
ITEM!: I've been moving my next to-be-read book with me from room to room for the last five days. I need to just sit down and get started on it, but I think my head is waiting for the weekend. Or a day when I've got less to do during Sydney's school than usual. But that won't be tomorrow. Sinbad beckons.

No comments: