Tuesday, October 2

Candy is as candy does

ITEM!: If all goes well, by this time tomorrow, I will be using a fully functional cell phone, and I'll be able to stop this TWITCHING from not being able to check my e-mail or Facebook from wherever I am in the world. Or wherever I am in Houston. You know, wherever. ... My Snow Leopard operating system is arriving tomorrow, and I'll finally be able to upgrade my computer, and thereby upgrade my phone. And then you won't hear anymore about it, because it's boring.
ITEM!: I cut bangs into my hair this morning. I feel certain that Malia will cringe, but I was so tired of not having bangs. I love my bangs. But, in an effort to stave off the curling issues, I have created a perch for my straightening iron, so I can straighten them every morning, if I want. Or, you know, I can pin them back in a barrette. But really, it's all about the bangs. I got bored with my forehead. It happens.
ITEM!: It has occurred to me that I'm almost done with my bag of fun-size 3 Musketeers bars. This bag, naturally, follows the bag of fun-size Twix bars from last week. Sydney walked into the kitchen the other day, and as I pushed the last bite of my candy bar into my mouth, I said to her, "I love Halloween candy." She smiled at me and said, "I do, too. Can I have some candy corn?" And I thought, oh no, I've passed on my obsession to my innocent child. I can only hope that she's a stronger person than I am, and that she'll be better at denying the candy aisle. [Editor's note: I gave her the candy corn, therefore enabling.]
ITEM!: I go to California in a few days. That's awesome.

No comments: