Tuesday, March 20

Lemon cupcakes?!?! Gotta try those!

ITEM!: So, basically, having lower-calorie snacks in the house is the way to go when you're looking to lower your calorie intake. Cuties: CHECK. 100-Calorie Packs: CHECK. Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches: CHECK. I'm actually kinda proud of myself today. I stood in front of the ice cream section at Target, and rather than grab a pint of Ben & Jerry's (as I wanted), I chose the Skinny Cow. I know that they're good, and that they run about 130 calories per sandwich, but it was still an internal argument between my devil and angel. Today, the angel won. And my booty hollers, "YAY!!"
ITEM!: My inner neuroses has hit a snag. One of the authors that I follow has a new book coming out next week. The problem (in my head) is that all nine of the author's previous books I have are paperback. The entire series, as far as I can tell, is paperback. This new book is coming out in hardcover. I can't wait to read it, but I simply (again, in my head) can not have the 10th book in a series be a different size than the previous nine. It just doesn't make any sense to me (in my head). I also can't wait until October, when this book is available in paperback, to read it. I simply can't wait that long. So, I did some math (always a roll of the dice). Did you know that I can buy the e-book next week, and then get the paperback in October, and still spend less money than buying the hardcover? Solution, you are found.
ITEM!: Elephant planter update: I painted on the first layer of grass around his legs and trunk today. I'll do a second layer tomorrow. I had intended on Sydney and I doing the flowers tomorrow afternoon, but she told me today that I probably wouldn't let her do the painting, so it wouldn't be any fun for her, and that I can just do it myself. While this is pretty true, I did want her to give me some input on where the flowers should go and what color they should be painted. I'll save the flowers for her anyway, and we'll discuss the placement and colors whether she likes it or not.
ITEM!: I like the movie Predators, the most recent of the Predator films, starring Adrien Brody. I had a hard time with Brody's "bad ass" voice the first time I saw the movie, but since then (in repeated viewings, as is my m.o.) I've come to enjoy the film despite/because of it. It's on right now. A perfect background distraction to my blogging and farming.
ITEM!: I've become re-obsessed with my farm, you know. Planting, harvesting and caring for my bits of virtual land has again become a morning and evening activity. I gave it up for several weeks, but got pulled in again a couple weeks ago. Brian thought I was done; as did I. But I fell off (or did I climb back on?) the wagon, and am currently working towards mastering hops, electric lilies. yams, mussels and hibiscus.

No comments: