Wednesday, March 14

Get it? It's an elephant ears plant

I have found a new project for me. I thought of it, partially, this morning while on the phone with Mom.
I have decided to bring in from the storage the little wooden elephant plant holder that Mom had with Daddy, and then was in the dining room in Thousand Oaks and Camarillo. I've had the thing since we moved into the smaller house in Camarillo, and took it to Arizona with me when I moved in with Brian. Since then, the elephant has traveled from Arizona to Boston, back to Arizona, and now, to Texas.
Brian, unfortunately, is not a fan of the elephant. I don't know why not. He's weird sometimes. But I've discovered a nifty place for the elephant to chill -- in the guest room alongside the sofabed. So, the renovation and decor of the elephant has become my new obsession.
It will need a new plant, or two, in it, but the "project" portion of Operation Elephant Refurbishment is fixing and re-nailing in the sides, which aren't stable anymore due to its age and moving so many times, and cleaning it up for inside-the-house living again. But what I think I may have decided to do as well, is paint it. Maybe a basic white? Or should we roll with a color? Purple? Blue? Green? A pattern?
I will, of course, consult with my interior designer, who I keep on staff, for her opinion. But I'm excited for a fun project! Also, pictures will be posted.

No comments: