Saturday, March 24

Almost a PERFECT analogy

So, it's been almost a year since we moved out of our awesome little house in Scottsdale, and moved into the apartment in Tempe, in preparation for the move to Houston. Of course, all that did not go as well as we had all hoped, but that is (still) another fit for another time.
What's more is that I can't believe how much has happened in the last 12 months. Two moves. Three schools for Sydney. More car issues than I'd like to think about. More credit card debt than I'd like to think about. More than 1,000 miles of cross-country driving. Too much time between visits with friends and family. Trips. Reunion. Wedding. Weather. Age.
I wish I could say that we're better for it, but right now, I don't think we are. Ask me in four or five months and my answer may be different. But that's months from now, and at this moment, I'm sitting at my desk thinking about how much simpler everything was this time last year. And wondering when Brian will get back from coffee, because it's lunch time.

No comments: