Saturday, September 17

Tomorrow, I go out for coffee

I locked myself in the bathroom this afternoon so I could sit on the floor and read my book in peace and quiet. Daisy tried to push the door open. Oliver stood at the door and whined at me. Sydney tried to open it, but the lock held. Brian's text asked, "You okay in there? It's quiet, hon." My reply, "I'm reading." It's such a bother when you can't even sit in a chair in your own living room and read a book without someone crawling on you, laying across your book, or whining at you to get them a treat. What's weird, and a complete portrait of my life, is that all three of those things were done by all three of my kids. It got so frustrating that I literally stood up, climbed my stairs, and locked myself in the bathroom. No one would leave me alone, and I did the only thing I was capable of doing without screaming. Next time, I'll bring a cushion in with me so my butt can be more comfortable as I lean against the cabinet.

No comments: