Thursday, September 8

Once again, a daily Daily Show

So, it looks like we may get some real information soon about the move to Houston. The lease for the space is being signed tomorrow, and once that's done, we'll have an actual timeline for construction and opening. This is pretty exciting, though I'm hesitant to get too giddy, because really, there's still plenty of time for things to go wrong. Pessimistic? Perhaps. Realistic in light of our last several months? Definitely.
I've rediscovered the random joy of having a couple hours to myself during the day, and it is watching The Daily Show and The Colbert Report with no one to bother me. I'd missed the shows during the summer, and since Sydney stopped napping. Now though, I have the time to watch both shows the morning after they've been on, and in the quiet of my own empty home. It actually feels decadent. I turn up the television so I can hear every inflection change and innuendo from the hosts. I laugh out loud without worrying about waking anyone else in the house. I stop and rewind bits that I want to hear better or understand more, allowing for more giggles. I knew I had missed the shows terribly, just not how much.

No comments: