Monday, September 5

Monday's list, which I had named Sunday

ITEM!: We went to the zoo this morning, in what may be counted among one of the least intelligent things we've done this summer. I like to space my zoo visits by a few months during the summer season. You know, a visit in May and then a visit in November. Sure, it's quite some time between visits, but it's also much cooler outside. So, today, we played with fire, almost literally, and took a walk around the zoo. It was hot out. We sweat ... a lot. Really, the heat can make a relatively short trip (90 minutes) to the zoo a very painful one.
ITEM!: I finished my Frankenstein book this afternoon. It was good, and ended on a cliffhanger. Looks like I'll be hitting Barnes & Noble at some point this week. I had forgotten that Dean Koontz is a fan of the short chapter. It makes the book move along so much quicker!
ITEM!: I have no information on the state of our move to Houston. We haven't talked to Jon in a while, and I have no idea what's going on out there. I have a vague idea of our timeline. I don't like living like this, a life without a plan, and it's getting more frustrating simply because I feel like I'm losing time with every day that passes.
ITEM!: I may have made a new friend today. The mom of one of Sydney's classmates from last year e-mailed me the other day about Texas, as they had moved to Texas this summer, and she had heard that we planned to, as well. She wrote a very nice note wondering on where we were in Texas, because she thought it would be fun if we lived close to each other. They actually are closer to Dallas, but still, a couple hours isn't too bad to visit with some people. I responded with a friendly e-mail, and hope that we can have some kind of correspondence until we get out there, and then maybe we'll get together. I feel like a little kid though, waiting to hear if my new friend is really going to be a new friend. Weird.
ITEM!: I honestly can not believe that it's September already. This year is flying by.

No comments: