Thursday, September 22

I wait ... with bated breath

There's a special kind of torture involved in getting a new book you really want to read, and knowing that you can't start digging into it for a couple days. My new Frankenstein book arrived at Barnes & Noble yesterday, and Mom and I stopped at the store this morning to pick it up. It's the third in the series, and I already have the fourth and fifth. So, really, it's only because of how happy I am for Mom's visit that I'm not locking myself in a dark, little corner of my house to read until they're all done. But still, the book. It sits on top of my To-Be-Read Pile, silently calling to me. Alas, it will have to wait until Saturday night. Or maybe I'll prolong the suspense by finishing the other book (Brad Meltzer's The Inner Circle) that I started when I finished the second Frankenstein book and had no third Frankenstein book to move on to. SO. MANY. BOOKS.

CAR NEWS: I haven't heard anything in regards to the car's condition, or about any visit from the insurance guy to the car. So, my first order of business tomorrow is to call my new friend, Garth, at the body shop. Depending on the information gathered from that phone call, I'll call Tony, the insurance agent of the lovely woman (Louann) who SMASHED into me, to get him to move this along. If they think that they'll be able to drag this for months and months, they've got another thing coming.

No comments: