Tuesday, August 30

Brush-a, brush-a, brush-a ...

My arm is getting tired. Do you have any idea how long it's been since I've had to use a manual toothbrush for an entire week? Back story: I forgot my electric toothbrush out in California, and it's been a rough time since then. A whole week of working for my clean teeth. What good is technology if it doesn't scream at you from the next room when you accidentally leave it somewhere it shouldn't be? Inconvenience!
It's weird, but the most interesting thing about using the manual toothbrush is how it's brought to light my bad brushing technique again. When I started using the SonicCare, I had angry gums that were being forced away from my teeth by brute strength. My brushing was too hard, and my gums were bearing the brunt of it. They were beginning to recede, and my teeth were getting too sensitive. The SoincCare changed that, by babying my gums while still cleaning my teeth. The gums responded by returning to their full and upright position.
Ever since I started using the manual brush last week, I can feel where my gums are getting mad and pushed back again. It bothers me mostly because I know that I'm not doing right by them, but I can't seem to shift my brushing technique. I'm focused on the brushing, but nervous about the brushing, and therefore paranoid about the brushing. Also, my arm gets tired.

No comments: