Wednesday, March 16

Her great-grandpa would have LOVED it!

Sydney's class wrote a story for St. Patrick's Day, titled The Leprechaun Named Mark.
~ Each child in class contributed a sentence to the story. ~

The Leprechaun Named Mark
Once upon a time, there was a leprechaun named Mark. He was going to Canada to find gold. He found gold and hid it because leprechauns are sneaky. He hid it from all the other leprechauns. The leprechaun ran into the woods away from the other leprechauns and saw a bear! He said, "Boo!" and made the bear disappear. Then the leprechaun went to the store to buy some Lucky Charms. He went home to get the gold and then went to sleep. The next day, he woke up and went back to the woods and found a T-Rex. Then the leprechaun disappeared! Then he went to the chocolate factory to get toys to give to the kids on St. Patrick's Day!
The End.

It's pretty fantastic, isn't it? I got to reading it in the car this afternoon after Brian and I picked Sydney up at school. I swear, I was cracking up from the very first sentence. I mean, really! Mark? Leprechauns are sneaky? He saw a bear and said, "Boo!"?
There isn't a bit of this that I don't love tremendously. It shall be my favorite St. Patrick's Day story of all time.

No comments: