Wednesday, August 4

Today is awesome!

ITEM!: I am beyond super excited that California's Proposition 8 was overturned today! Why this is still up for debate is impossible, when equality for all people should be a done deal. I love that all my friends are in a spin, happy and ecstatic that this case of "modern-day bigotry in action" (per Jeannine), has once again been struck down by ... oh, this little thing called CONSTITUTIONALITY. Cheers to the judge who saw reason beyond the ignorance out there, and here's to hoping that this ruling will be the beginning of the end of this kind of awful discrimination.
ITEM!: The oil spill may be completely stopped, after a ridiculous amount of days. While the continuing spew of oil may be in the past, now we can only look forward to the years and years and years that it will take for the environment to recover from this incident. I fear that the push for an oil-free existence will again be put on the back burner, now that the physical evidence of its dangers is gone. I hope that the damage actually turns out to be fixable, but more so, I hope that soon we'll be able to look at our dependence on oil as the "by-gone days."
ITEM!: I finally finished setting up my MobileMe account! I think it may actually be worth it, since I have decided that it is frickin' cool to have my calendar roll with changes from the computer, to the iPad to the iPhone. Of course, I had to spend about 30 minutes on iChat with a MobileMe technician because there was a random hitch in my get-along, but beyond that, it's working awesome right now. I especially like having everything on my phone without having to input it on the phone. (Tiny keyboard!) I am told that my new iPhone 4 should make the switch seamlessly, too.
ITEM!: I am getting an iPhone 4! My husband still refused to buy it for me, so I hit up my mama. (The phone is ordered, and should be in my hot little fist in about two weeks.) Anyway, Mom got some hidden cash from a hidden glockenspiel bought by a person, and POOF! Now, I get my own iPhone 4, because I AM SPOILED.
ITEM!: I have added to my "To-Be Read" pile The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, by Stieg Larsson. This book is getting an incredible amount of positive buzz, and many of my friends have read it. I admit to wanting to read it so I'll know what all the fuss is about, but I really hope that my expectations aren't so high that I'm horribly disappointed and (worse) bored by it. But I have another book to read first, so Dragon Tattoo will have to wait a bit longer.
ITEM!: Also, I don't understand the random sprites and muses dancing around in Sookie's dream in Sunday's True Blood. Just weird. Sometimes this show goes too far off the map.

No comments: