Thursday, May 20

Robot names as bullet points

Bumblebee: For whatever reason, I have not been able to flip away from Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen ever since it started showing on the Cinemax channels last weekend. It's well documented how much I love watching movies over and over again. It's well documented that I dig random action and adventure movies. This particular movie though, which I did not love at first, has become a bizarre cerebral obsession. If I'm looking for something to watch, and this movie is on, I'm watching it. This has been a serious condition since Saturday night. I would request some kind of medication to take care of it, but as of now, I'm still hanging on. Maybe next week.
Optimus Prime: Did I ever imagine that my ridiculous love of cool handbags would become a saving grace for a thin wallet? No. Has it become so? Most definitely. As with the beginning of every summer, I have been itching for a new summer bag. To be contrary, I don't want to buy a new summer bag, because, well honestly, because I don't buy inexpensive bags, and a new Coach or Kate Spade is simply not a fiscally responsible purchase right now. This is where my big trunk full of bags comes in handy. In filtering through the trunk, I came across a very cute, very summery, white canvas Kate Spade, with pink handles. There's a drawing of a dog being walked by a woman in a skirt on one side, and an angry dog face on the other side. It's totally a "me" bag. I never carried the bag much after I bought it though (I got it in Boston some years ago), because it's got a couple pink leather strings to tie together at the top that I didn't realize would be irritating and difficult to function around. But the last few years have given me a new perspective on annoyances such as these. So I did what I needed to do to make the bag a comfortable carrying accessory: I cut the straps off. Now, the bag is perfect. And off I go, with my "new" summer bag!
Megatron: Also, I did something kind of random with my pant legs today. I folded them up, turning the jeans into denim capri pants. I was pretty surprised at how much cooler (as in temperature, not necessarily attitude) I was just from doing that. I'm not sure if I'll continue the practice, but for today, it certainly served the purpose.
Ironhide: Next week is Sydney's last week at school. I can't believe she's been through a year of preschool already! it's gone by so fast! No more 2s for her! And because I'm still not working, I am her de facto summer camp counselor. I've got plenty of theoretical ideas for the season, but we'll see how they pan out. You will, no doubt, be kept updated on our progress!

No comments: