Tuesday, May 25

It'll be an awesome party!

So that's that: Nicole Scherzinger and Derek Hough won the mirrorball trophy on tonight's final episode of Dancing with the Stars. I felt obligated to make public my opinion on Evan's being robbed on Facebook, but really, I find that I'm not caring all too much right now. In fact, I didn't even watch the show tonight. I watched most of Parenthood, and then flipped over to DWTS at the end. I heard Evan mention that he was happy for Nicole and Derek, and then I sighed, and changed back to the other channel. I was not interested in the victory dance. Weird; I don't have any incredibly emotional reaction, like when Mel B. lost a few seasons ago. Most notably, I'm bummed for Anna, Evan's professional partner, since now, she'll get crappy partners for the next three seasons. And Derek will get a dancer again next time. I'll agree that, yes, Nicole is the better dancer. So, in the grand scheme of things, certainly, she should have won.
I always enjoy it when Oliver discovers something in the house that he simply must have but can't reach, and then voices his frustration by laying in front of it, whining. Tonight, he found a small orange tennis ball underneath the storage tower in Sydney's bathroom. I was enjoying a bath when he found it, so throughout my entire time in the tub, he whined, quietly but persistently, at the ball. Sadly, he couldn't tell me what he had found either, so the actual identity of what had peaked his interest was unknown to me. Brian was a huge help: "It's a mouse." Oliver also likes to whine, and bark, at food on the kitchen counter. He'll hang out in the kitchen, staring at where the food is sitting, and bark, talk, whine, growl and snarf at it, until we either throw it away, put it in the refrigerator, or give it to him. I tell him always that talking to the food will not make it jump off the counter. He is determined that it will, someday, happen.
Sydney and I are in charge of pretzels, cookies and water for her end-of-year preschool class party tomorrow. We stopped at Target after school this afternoon, and bought three boxes of Chips Ahoy, two bags of Rold Gold tiny twists, and two 24-packs of water bottles. What I don't have though, which is bothering me a whole lot, is a large ice chest to transport the water bottles in. I've got my plan for recycling the bottles (two paper bags as disposal containers, and then into my recycler bin for Thursday's pick-up), but as for keeping the water cold, I'm kinda stuck. I wouldn't mind buying the cooler. It's just a matter of storing it once it's purpose is completed tomorrow. I'll come up with something in the morning. The party itself should be fun though. I'm excited!!

No comments: