Monday, May 10

But the Grand Canyon is really pretty

So I've been gone for a few days.
I've been in California for the last week, trying to not be embarrassed by Arizona.
My dentist waited until he had his fingers in my mouth before he said, "So, how does it feel living in the most bigoted state in America?" He said it, of course, just to pick a fight with me. I bit, of course, because I knew he was picking a fight with me.
I talked about it over dinner with Jeannine and Andrea on Wednesday night.
I talked about it on Saturday night with Jeff, Steve, Liz and Sue.
I have discussed it several times with Mom.
I touched on it peripherally with Daddy after I got home from the dentist.
I'm really, really, really tired of Arizona being the national punching bag. This is what I'll say about it: I understand the need behind this particular legislation. I get that the law is requiring some stricter enforcement. What I don't agree with is the language, and the implementation of the law. I don't agree with the shady, gray area. I don't agree with anything that Sheriff Joe Arpaio likes. I do agree that action needs to be taken, but again, I don't agree with how this whole situation is shaking out.
And that is all I have to say about that. Except to point out that I am not eligible to vote in Arizona, as I am still, officially, a California resident. Don't hate me for where I live.

My Dancing with the Stars voting (5 votes allowed):
Evan Lysacek ~ 2 votes. I think Evan got a bit beat up by the judges tonight, but still, he rocks this competition.
Erin Andrews ~ 1 vote. I like how much she's improved over the last few weeks. There's no way she'll win, but I'd like to see her at least make it into the Final Three.
Chad Ochocinco ~1 vote. After this week, Chad will lose my vote love. I'm sorry to write that.
Nicole Scherzinger ~ 1 vote. I can't deny it anymore: I don't want Nicole to win because I am not a fan of Derek. I've said it before, I think he gets the good partners because the shows brass likes it when he goes all the way.
Niecy Nash ~ 0 votes. It hurts my heart to not vote for her.

No comments: