Tuesday, September 22

A new show that I like!

ITEM!: Tonight's entertainment viewing included The Good Wife, the new CBS legal drama starring Julianna Margulies as a scorned politician's wife who needs to go back to work to pay the bills. Of course, she was an attorney before she married her guy, and is therefore thrown back into the legal world now that she's among the workforce again. I like the idea behind this, and I love Margulies, as well as the actors Josh Charles, Christine Baranski, Chris Noth and Matt Czuchry. And color me pleasantly surprised, but I liked the actual show and episode, too.
ITEM!: My trash pick-up was this morning, so I finally was able to cut up the dead oleander bush carcass in my front yard and use it to fill up the trash can (again) tonight. This means, regretfully, that I will have to leave the trash can in the front yard all week, and that my household trash bags will be piling up in the garage where the can receptacle usually sits. Next Monday night though, the trash can itself will be emptied again, and I'll try to be sneaky and put my household garbage bags in someone else's can. * tiptoe, tiptoe through the neighborhood ...* But I was able to shove the can into the corner of my yard, so ideally, the homeowners' association won't see it and cite me, and it won't be too offensive to my own eye every time I drive into my garage.
ITEM!: I think, since it's supposed to be cool tomorrow morning, Sydney and I will visit the zoo.

My DWTS voting (8 votes allowed):
Kelly Osbourne, singer ~ 2 votes. I was incredibly pleased and surprised to see how well Osbourne did, and I am certainly glad that the audience seemed to like her, too.
Mya, singer, entertainer ~ 2 votes. I think she'll make it to the finals.
Debi Mazar, actress ~ 1 vote. Any friend of Maks' is a friend of mine. Anything that keeps him from getting voted off the show is a good thing.
Joanna Krupa, model ~ 1 vote. Frankly, I was surprised to find myself liking this girl. I'm not usually a huge fan of the blonde, perfect models (I suspect model envy), but her personality has done a good job of changing my mind ... for now.
Melissa Joan Hart, actress ~ 1 vote. Did you know Melissa Joan Hart was in Britney Spears' video to the song, "Crazy"?
Natalie Coughlin, Olympic swimmer ~ 1 vote. It looks like we may have our first gold medal-winner who doesn't win the mirrorball trophy.
Macy Gray, singer; and Kathy Ireland, model and CEO ~ 0 votes. Gray is just way too out of her element, and Ireland looks incredibly uncomfortable on the dance floor.

No comments: