Thursday, September 17

Finding some new books to fall into

One of my treats to myself for finishing off the "Summer Reading List 2009" was an unfiltered, unconstrained, unchaperoned trip to Barnes & Noble for a new "to-be-read" pile. I had two gift cards for this most hallowed of hallowed halls, one ... sadly only for $1, but the second was for $60. Huzzah! I had about 75 minutes to spend in the store before picking Sydney up from school, so was excited to dig into the fiction/literature, mystery and romance stacks.
My first 45 minutes was a little slow in decisiveness, and I walked around with only one book in my arms. BOO! It must have been quite some time since I've been allowed to just wander through a bookstore on my own, and for myself, because I was, clearly, out of practice in finding and picking up some new tomes.
But then, all of a sudden, with only 30 minutes left in my bookstore time allotment, I was (metaphorically) hit with a tidal wave of covers that intrigued me. I couldn't stop picking up books. Everything interesting just started jumping off the shelves and into my arms. It was like a kind of divine experience! Books, books and another book! YAY!
Now, I'm flush with reading material. I've got so many stories to dive into, and so many characters to like and not like it's crazy! ... And the life of an avid book reader begins anew.
So you want to know what I selected? Check out my new "To-be-read pile" list over there on the left.

No comments: