Monday, September 28

Drop a size? That's the plan

I started the "Special K: Lose a Jean Size in Two Weeks" diet this morning. I had my cereal for breakfast, the meal-as-I-normally-would for lunch, and the protein shake for dinner. Of course, I cheated, but since my cheating was with the water-based frozen yogurt in the freezer, I don't think I'll get kicked off the program for the indiscretion. All the same, I believe that it's always the first couple days that are the hardest, and the first day which is really the hardest, so I contend that I've won an incredible contest against myself this day. And tomorrow is another day!

I'm watching the news right now, and the current segment is telling me about how bar and restaurant patrons are permitted to bring firearms into those establishments, beginning on Wednesday, in Arizona. That makes me feel like I live in such a progressive state! No wonder the rest of the country thinks we're nothing but cowboys, idiot desert dwellers, and crazy red-state inhabitants. Who, in their right mind, thinks it's a good idea to have guns and alcohol in the same building? It's examples like this that prove that the "right to bear arms" is so subjectively random, and that these gun-toting zealots really do need to take a chill pill and just leave their killer guns at home. Just because, constitutionally, you can have a gun, doesn't mean that you should take it everywhere with you. Why on earth would someone be compelled to being a gun to Chili's? Leave them home.

My Dancing with the Stars voting (14 votes allowed):
Since I'm not up to commenting on each of the contestants tonight, I'm going to list them a bit differently. Besides, 14 votes allowed! So many votes, and so few choices that I like a lot!
Aaron Carter, Kelly Osbourne, Mark Dacascos, Mya, and Louie Vito ~ 2 votes.
Donny Osmond, Chuck Liddell, Michael Irvin, and Debi Mazar ~ 1 vote.
Joanna Krupa, Kathy Ireland, Melissa Joan Hart, Natalie Coughlin, and Tom DeLay ~ 0 votes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The choice of being able to carry or not carry makes Arizona a great state......red or blue.