Sunday, January 4

Tomorrow I will be productive

Honestly, for someone who was all, "Bring it," over the new year, I have already made the last few days a bit of a disappointment. I'll blame it on the colds, because the general sense of malaise rolling through my house this weekend was frickin' legendary. I mean, yes, we at least got out every day. And yes, we even made it to Zoolights last night. That's great and all, but you all would not believe the mess that this office is in right now, all covered in random Christmas stuff (STILL!), papers, bags for returns and donations. And just the fact that I've totally neglected my decorations (STILL!) is a huge hitch in my get-along. They have simply got to be taken care of tomorrow. In my head, I've got a fantastically insignificant list of stuff to get done this week -- first and foremost though is to get this family all healthy and moving again. This is depressing.
But I did take a cursory glance through the want ads this evening. Ugh. This is not the time to be looking for a job; I get that. But there was nothing out there at all interesting. Granted, the ads will pop up this week and next -- just because this is the time when people do start hiring -- so I do need to get my resume up on Monster and ready to be seen by potential employers. I know it's around here somewhere!
We're also looking for somewhere to move. It's been agreed that, yes, we will move somewhere that makes us both happier. And the hunt for that place begins now, too.
Busy? Overwhelmed? Freaked out? Yep, that's me. Yay 2009!

No comments: