Sunday, January 11

Kate + Leo 4-ever

I know that this isn't the best picture of the two of them from tonight, but it's the best I could do at 10:40 p.m. There was just so much fantastic involved in tonight's Golden Globes, that I'm fairly bursting to spit it all out for you.
First and foremost, the cuteness that is Kate Winslet and Leonardo DiCaprio. I love that they are best friends, and have been since Titanic. I read somewhere that they are the kind of friends that call each other in the middle of the night just to say hi. And that is awesome. I love that they walked the red carpet together, and were so comfortable hanging out with each other. I love that she cried thanking him, and that he was on the verge of tears watching her from his seat when she won for Revolutionary Road.
Random comments: Holy crap, Angelina Jolie looks amazing for someone who just gave birth to twins five months ago. And she is wearing a neutral color, which was very popular this evening. As was neutral lip color. Somewhat boring, that. ... Drew Barrymore looked stunning. Even the crazy hair was working in a fantastic way. ... Who sticks their tongue out at the camera at the Golden Globes? Miley Cyrus. It was unattractive. And speaking of irritating Disney kid stars: When will the Jonas Brothers go away? ... I love seeing former costars hanging out together, and I imagine they have a good time catching up, much the same way I enjoy spending time with my divas. I like that Cameron Diaz and Drew Barrymore sat next to each other. ... And Marisa Tomei went to the party as a gypsy. ... How great was everyone associated with 30 Rock? ... I am bummed for Maryl Streep not winning for Mamma Mia!, as well as Leonardo DiCaprio for Revolutionary Road. Will he and Kate Winslet ever get any Oscar love? (Maybe this year!!) ...
Holy guacamole, what kind of bet did Renee Zellweger lose to have to come out for a big event in that dress? And why did she let a bird nest in her hair? Awful! ... It's great that Rumer Willis got to be Miss Golden Globe, as she missed out on it last year. I dig Demi Moore telling her not to slouch on national television, too. ... Robert Downey, Jr. wore tennies. ... Even though I haven't seen the film, I'll say shenanigans that Mickey Rourke won for best actor in a movie drama. I'm thinking there was a fair amount of hype and hoopla invoved in that decision, and I hope that kind of tomfoolery thinking doesn't pervade the Oscar ballots. ... Ricky Gervais, with his beer on stage and everything, cracked me up. I thought all the presenters' ad-libbing and off-the-cuff stuff rocked. ... And who exactly was that stick-thin girl from the happy movie? You could see her shoulder joints! Her arms were matches! Someone get her a sandwich! With cheese in it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You really should be working for Entertainment Weekly!

Anonymous said...

I couldn't believe that Miley Cyrus did that! I was so excited that Jeffery Steele was being recognized for his great writing, then she had to go and act like an idiot! She is old enough to know better!