Friday, January 23

I don't remember ... how many wives?

What is with me lately, and this pathological need to stay up way past my bedtime? You know, there was a time when I was in bed about 10 p.m. every night. Just because that was my bedtime. The last few weeks though, the witching hour has been a bit later, and I'm not closing my eyes until closer to midnight. Every night has a good reason, as tonight, I watched the first three episodes of season one of the Showtime show The Tudors.
Opinion: I actually quite liked it, and am looking forward to getting the second disc of the season. What I don't like is all the females getting married off so Henry can forge political alliances. The most disturbing is the betrothal of his daughter, Mary, to the king of Spain, at the age of ... oh, I don't know ... six, to be carried out upon her twelfth birthday. Twelve?! I was hoping it would be 16 or even 18 or something. But 12?! Beyond that unpleasantness, Jonathan Rhys Meyers is frickin' awesome. I can't tell if I would enjoy the show better if I was either much more knowledgeable of that time, or if I knew absolutely nothing. Because my vague recollections of stuff that I may be remembering right is bugging me.
But back to topic, it's 15 minutes to 12 a.m., and I'm still awake, computer on my lap, and wearing my sweats, not my pajamas.
I'm test-driving a VW Jetta tomorrow! I'm excited!!

No comments: