Monday, October 13

Go away, all you evil haters

I'm officially fighting the family cold now, and I've given myself only minutes to write something for the blog before going to bed with a nice dose of NyQuil.
1.) I've finished Breaking Dawn, the last of the Stephenie Meyer Twilight series. I am indifferent to how it ended. I had suspected I would be, but am still quite surprised that I wasted about 2,000 pages on an ending that just left me kinda "meh." I guess I'll Netflix the movie, just out of curiosity, but will no longer count myself among the series' legion of fans.
2.) Did I mention that I'm not feeling well? My goodness, I hate feeling sick. And it's entirely Brian's fault; he seems to be taking it like a man. I've accused him of licking my cup rims, using my toothbrush, and coughing into my pillow. I refuse to believe that my little baby rubbing her snotty nose on my cheek, or continuing to give me kisses, or allowing me to wipe her nose, or coughing all over the place, has anything to do with it. It's all Brian. Sick sucks.
3.) Tired, tired, tired.
4.) I love listening to my friends being all indignant and angry over the ballot resolution in California that wants to make gay marriage against the law. (Facebook is an amazing pulpit.) I love that they get just as mad about the ignorant, hating, scared jackasses who support this kind of discrimination as I. I love that it makes me feel close to them, knowing that even though I'm out here, I'm still a voter in California, and that, with my friends, we going to try to make the world a better place.

No comments: