Wednesday, January 2

I've used this picture already, haven't I?

It was my intention to start the year with a post a day. Already, that has not happened. So I will compensate by posting twice today. Besides, the little post archive looks so lonely with only a "1" notated for 2008.
Really quickly, I want to give a shout-out to Amy, who writes in her Christmas card that she still stalks the blog, and mention how happy that makes me to hear. (I like that my peeps from Boston are still interested enough in what I'm up to.) I also want to thank Aunt Bette for being such a staunch supporter of this little writing hobby of mine. And of course, Mom and Daddy, who for long periods of time, tend to be the only people who comment.
By the way, I'm intrigued to notice that the actual number of posts has continued to grow over the years of the blog. Frankly, I'm surprised to see that I'd posted that much in 2007. Silly me, I thought I hadn't done anything but change dirty diapers, pick up after a sloppy boy, and obsess about my dog getting the appropriate amount of attention. I guess I really did have some time to do my own thing. That makes me feel a bit better about myself editorially. I really thought that I'd lost a step or two. (Of course, I know better than any of you that several 100-word pieces do not a writer make.)
Anyway, thank you all for being such awesome readers!

No comments: