Tuesday, January 15

"And I approve this message..."

ITEM!: The first floral arrangement of 2008 has arrived in my Inbox! There are baby green apples in the vase, and the arrangement itself has yellow orchids and yellow alstromeria, red-trimmed yellow roses (those green things on the orange branches are dates) and there are branches of kumquats.
ITEM!: I saw my first of many political ads this afternoon. Barack Obama was all about telling me how health care needs to be fixed, not just be talked about being fixed. I'll agree with that. I am less than impressed that the race has begun its infestation in Arizona in this manner though. And in all honesty, I had thought I would hear from a Republican candidate first. But I remember too well how invasive, irritating and headache-inducing all the political (mud-slinging or not) ads can be on my little brain when they're all over my television. I hate election years.
ITEM!: I'm somewhat, but not really, surprised to hear about the young actor, Brad Renfro, being found dead in his apartment today. I remember hearing all about his struggles with drinking and drugs. Wasn't he the one who stole the boat?
ITEM!: Should I feel guilty about making a casual wager with Dave about Britney and whether or not she'll live through the year? We figure either drugs or suicide, but with this girl's penchant for idiotic decisions, and now not even having her kids to be normal for, the world is getting darker and darker for my dear Brit. We speculate that she'll be looking for the big Marilyn Monroe death: shrouded in questions, enshrined as young and beautiful, and leaving a legion of fans behind before she could flame out entirely.
[Editor's note: Goodness, how morbid are we this evening? Ack!]
ITEM!: I still have not bought new bedding. I'm having buyer's remorse, certainly, but today was struck by indecision between the teal polka dots and the pink polka dots. I prefer the pink, but think that the teal will make for a more ... gender-neutral ... bedroom. But I can definitely see myself suddenly not caring about that and getting the pink anyway.

No comments: