Tuesday, November 21

Click wheels and steering wheels

I'm on the hunt for a way to get my iPod to play through the stereo of my car ... without paying a thousand dollars. On a trip through Best Buy the other day, we asked about such an invention, and were told that really the only way is to buy a new stereo, the iPod attachment, and then to have the whole smash installed for, "only, like, $50." In all seriousness, this option wasn't as expensive as I thought it would be. The whole thing may only cost us about $300 to do. The guy told me that if I wanted to deal with my dealership, it could cost me up to $600. I declared shenanigans on that, and called Land Rover.
But come to find out that Land Rover doesn't have its own attachment or anything. The service guy told me to call the guy at their stereo outsourcing place and price it there. "That's where we send all our special orders, and he should know everything about that," said service guy. I'll get around to it soon, because this is something that I've wanted since I got the iPod. (I know, I know, there are the FM transmitters--and I have one--but you can admit it, they suck the big one when it comes to clear play.)
So here's to the new obsession: making the car iPod active.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember when you only needed a radio and a 8 tract tape player.

Iam getting old!