Friday, December 16

Monkey movies

So King Kong opens this weekend, and it seems as though it will take the movie-going populace by storm. The premieres have been huge; I read that the New York event actually shut down Times Square traffic, or something like that.
I don't know .... I'm really kind of lukewarm about the entire experience. This kind of reaction to an "event" movie is out of character for me, as I'm usually in line for Saturday morning's first showing when an epic hits the streets.
Really, I think it might have more to do with my general aversion to monkey movies. Now don't get all excited, yes, there is a difference between a "monkey" and the mammoth-ness that is Kong, but I've got to tell you, I don't enjoy the monkey movie. Every Which Way But Loose; Ed (which also stars Matt LeBlanc -- a double minus); Dunston Checks In; Planet of the Apes; Monkeybone; and George of the Jungle should all be used as torture devices. (I actually just Googled "monkey movies," and that's a portion of the listing that I got.)
But back to Kong, and a point of full disclosure: I've never seen the first King Kong, so maybe that's why I'm not all that anxious for this one. Truthfully, my complete apathy for this film is a bit fascinating to me. I think Brian may be interested in seeing it, and if he mentions it, I'll probably go because it's gotten some good reviews, but you know, I won't be going ape over it. (BAH!!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yah, I have trouble with the whole "monkeylove" thing.

P

Anonymous said...

Woman again !!