Tuesday, October 27

Nine years ago tonight, I was in labor

One of the greatest joys of my life is preparing surprises for Sydney to wake up to in the morning. Right now, her bedroom is all streamered, and there are presents and birthday cards downstairs, and I can't wait for her to wake up tomorrow morning. It's so cheesy, but her smile, and her absolute happiness, makes all my work worth it. And I can't wait for her to get up tomorrow.
Honestly, the only real problem with doing such cool things for her is that she remembers them year to year, and now asks about them. "Will you put streamers in my room again for my birthday?" "Will there be presents in the morning?" I mean, of course I'm going to have presents, and of course, since she loved the streamers so much last year, I had planned on them again this year. And of course, it's all about her because of course it is.
What else is going on with the kiddo's day tomorrow? She wants to go have breakfast at IHOP, but Brian and I are not at all interested in going out for breakfast at 6 a.m. I'm hoping she'll sleep in, to tell you the truth. She's got Oreos to take to school. I'm picking up her cake in the afternoon, and it'll be awesome, because I've picked up an "extra" present to top the cake. And her presents? Well, it's all about Jurassic World, my friends, and she'll be pleased with that. No doubt, I'll be watching that very movie tomorrow night.

No comments: