Friday, February 20

It's a BIRD; it's a MAN

We watched Birdman tonight. Let me tell you, the soundtrack music of mostly drums was annoying. Because they weren't just drums in the background, they were drums as loud as the dialog, and sometimes I had to struggle to hear what the characters were saying because of the drumming. This isn't good for a movie, I think, and it's perfectly horrible for me, I know. By the time the movie was over, I had a pounding headache, and couldn't handle any noise for several minutes. In fact, I sit here in absolute silence writing this, because my head can't even handle the noise.
As for the movie itself, I will say that I can see why it was nominated for so many Oscars. It's Academy Award bait, and it will probably do very well on Sunday. The long-running shots were amazing, and the camerawork was incredible. The acting was well done, and the script was an interesting one. It's nice to see Michael Keaton get an awesome part, and the recognition, he deserves.
Having said all that, it gave me a headache, and I'll probably never sit and watch it again.

No comments: