Monday, September 15

Real or not? But definitely scary

This is the full-body x-ray of a 900-pound man.
Look at the amount of weight that his little skeleton is holding up, and moving, and supporting, throughout the day. The strength and agility of the human body is simply amazing. The fact that all those relatively little bones can hold up all that excess weight is a special feat of our incredible make up.
But let's bring this into perspective. Could you imagine having your own full-body x-ray like this? Oh my god, I'm sure I'd be horrified. I did a Body Mass Index test the other day, and I am already horrified at that number, so to see it in this kind of form would probably send me over the top, either into rapid weight loss, or depressive weight gain.
I found this picture online, of course, so I can't guarantee it's accuracy, but the caption was enough to scare me into saving it to my Blog Photos folder. That and the fact that it actually looks like it could be completely true.
I really do wonder what my picture would look like. I'm imagining it right now, with this dude as my template. Ugh. I'm just super glad that I went hiking on the trail today, or I'd already be seven feet deep into a shame spiral.

No comments: